Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moms of stillborn children lobby for birth certificates

In some states, local chapters of abortion rights groups have opposed the legislation. But at the national level, some abortion rights groups are comfortable with the laws, if they are drafted carefully to cover naturally occurring fetal death and not late-term abortion.


But if you read hospital guidelines on perinatal grief, late-term abortions are included. Just this April, the Federation of General Practitioners of Quebec issued guidelines on 2nd trimester abortion for fetal anomalies and perinatal loss, and they say the loss is just as profound.

When the state office of vital records mailed a death certificate instead, she said, “I literally dropped it.” She added, “When I called and asked for my daughter’s birth certificate, the woman asked how she died, and when I told her, she said I didn’t have a baby, I had a fetus, and I couldn’t get a birth certificate.”


Some people are incredibly insensitive.

source.



_________________________
Visit Opinions Canada
a political blogs aggregator
_________________________