Saturday, December 12, 2009

Attention Commenters

It appears that Haloscan is being discontinued on December 26th.

I will have to look into a new commenting system. I'm not sure what this will mean for us in the immediate future. But if you experience glitches and delays, at least you know why.

I will investigate.

UPDATE: I appear to have successfully added the "Intense Debate" system (how a propos for an abortion-related blog!). I am not sure how to handle moderation. So far, I've made it a requirement to register. Will I moderate all comments again? Hmmm....there's also apparently a reputation system.

I'll have to think about this.

2nd UPDATE: You are strongly encouraged to sign up with the Intense Debate System for optimal commenting.

3rd UPDATE: I have decided that, FOR NOW.. you do not need to register to comment...just because I'm still learning it.

TO ANSWER JANUS' CONCERN: I have added links to the Haloscan comments on blogposts that have active discussions.

So you have a chance to read and reply what was said to you.

You can reply in the Haloscan page, but it will be deleted in the future, and other commenters may not know that there are updates.

You may also use the new Intense Debate System to reply.

4th UPDATE: If you do not see the Intense Debate comments below, click on the title of this post.

Email me if you still have trouble.