Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A botched abortion in the mother’s own words

From the Florida Catholic

MIAMI | On the morning of July 20, 2006, Sycloria Williams, age 18, went for an abortion – a late-term abortion that she says went terribly wrong.

Now 21, the Hollywood resident has filed a civil lawsuit accusing the clinic staff of delivering her child alive and killing the newborn girl by stuffing her into a biohazard bag.

(...)

“They never said anything to me that would make me think it was a baby. They never said anything like baby, fetus. Nothing. They only said things like ‘termination’ and ‘pregnancy’ and ‘termination of pregnancy,’” she said. “They cheated me because they didn’t tell me everything and the doctor wasn’t there.

She said the staff’s reaction to the live birth made her feel disrespected. “They tried to make it look like this was my fault. Like I asked for this. … They wouldn’t admit to me the whole time something went wrong,” she said. “I feel like they treated me like nothing, like a nobody.”



Some SOLAs of legal abortion insist that women know what goes on during an abortion.

If this is the case, why do women keep coming out of the woodwork to say that they didn't know?

When I had my laser eye surgery last month, I had to sign an eight page consent form, and on at least one form, I had to sign a line-by-line consent-- maybe ten lines. They really covered their butts. Right before the surgery, I had to talk to a counsellor, who told me EXACTLY what was going to happen, even if it upset me (this is EYE surgery after all). I started freaking when she started telling me how my cornea was going to be cut, but in spite of me breaking down and crying, she said I had to listen to the rest of the details (and then offered me a sedative).

They made absolutely certain that I knew every detail of the surgery.

If they can do this for laser eye surgery, why couldn't they do this for abortion?

This is why States in the US pass laws requiring abortionists to show ultrasounds.

People who perform laser eye surgery have nothing to hide.

But abortionists do.