Thursday, November 06, 2008

Scratch a progressive...

From the tolerant, non-violent, progressive side of the political spectrum-- during an abortion debate.

The only human beings I would want to kill are those who trespass on my autonomy with their guilt and their thou shall nots and their fantasies about imposing their own narrow moral values on my life.

Don't try to lay a human rights complaint though.

UPDATE: Saw this at Canadian Sentinel. Regarding an opponent of California's Proposition 8:

A contributor identifying himself as "Joe" said, "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."


But we Christians are not allowed to whine about this because that would be developing a "martyr complex".

So I won't whine. I'll just let this stand, to underscore the double standard. Freedom from hatred is a left-wing privilege.

UPDATE: Link at Canadian Sentinel fixed

The poster who made the comment states:

And cut it out with the name-calling, willya? Or at least get it right. Did I ever say I was any kind of progressive, and what the hell does that mean anyway? Or tolerant? Or non-violent? I WILL BE AS VIOLENT AS NECESSARY towards anyone who tries to trespass into my life with their little rules and regulations and other annoying follow-the-leader crap. I am NOT tolerant of such behaviour.