Sunday, October 05, 2008

LifeChain 2008: A big success

I came back from Life Chain today at the corner of Montreal Road and St-Laurent in Ottawa. It was a very good turnout. There were about 40 people there. There were many students.

What was different from past years is that we got a lot of thumbs up and honks. I couldn’t count them all, they numbered in the dozens. When I started doing this maybe ten years ago, you’d get maybe five honks in the whole hour, at most. Now it’s just non-stop. I think people are waking up and pro-life sentiment is becoming stronger. It’s very encouraging. And there wasn’t a single negative comment, although one man shook his head at me.

I do believe the momentum is on the pro-life side. It may not translate into votes right now but I think it will in the future.

I’m still without high speed internet, but I should receive my new modem on Wednesday.