Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can anyone in Detroit house a homeless single mother?

I'm passing this on

A long shot I know but I thought I would post this just in case......
Sincerely
Bill Whatcott
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Chris Coatney.
Pro-life sidewalk counsellor in Detroit
E-mail: ccoat1@juno.com

I've sent this email to local people in Michigan but decided to send it to my out-of-state friends as well in case you know anyone in the Detroit area who can help.

Two years ago we helped a young woman who was sleeping in her car with her two children and pregnant, with two more on the way. The twins were born Dec. 18, 2006. She and her boyfriend got back together for a while but separated again earlier this year. A cousin helped her get an airport job in Las Vegas a month or so ago but baby sitting arrangements didn't work out and she moved back.

She's been staying in a motel but is running low on money. Right now the shelters are full. I'm trying to keep my eyes open for inexpensive places to rent. If you know of anyplace she could stay, even temporarily, please let me know.

Her name is Cherie. She's 28 years old, does not drink, smoke, or take drugs. Her children are Tajaree, 9; Tremaine, 5; and Tyreece and Tyreesha, 1.

God bless!