Thursday, April 10, 2008

Canadian Cynic: Didn't like my answer the first time

Canadian Cynic cherry picks posts to twist my words in order to get me what he wants me to say.

Canadian Cynic issued a challenge: to discuss what laws a pro-life government would introduce if it got a majority.

I put forward my ideas.

But Canadian Cynic is not happy.

Not only that, but shows zero empathy for the children killed by abortion. But hey, "fetuses are not that important" and "fetuses are none of our business." If they have to suffer and die, oh well!

Canadian Cynic did not like my answer. See he goes fishing for statements made in a comments section on an unrelated manner...and attempts to frame them as my response to his fetal rights law challenge.

How convenient.

It's truly depressing -- that someone can be that obsessed with a single issue, yet be utterly incapable of discussing it in an intelligent way when they're offered the chance.


Or rather, it's depressing for Canadian Cynic not to be able to find dirt he can use.

And because he didn't like the fact he didn't get any dirt the first time, he asks:

If you could criminalize abortion and force women to carry unwanted fetuses to term, what would you propose as their precise legal obligations the instant after that child is delivered?


The challenge was:

If you could criminalize abortion and force women to carry unwanted fetuses to term, what would you propose as their precise legal obligations the instant after that child is delivered?


I answered that challenge. I wrote that I would criminalize feticide, i.e. injecting potassium chloride into the hearts of singletons. I wrote that I would re-write legislation to make statistics reflect the actual abortion numbers. I would declare the fetuses and mother are not one, and that fetuses are homo sapiens.

I would not re-write any legislation beyond that.

There would be no change in legislation regarding women.

Just fetuses.

It's a simple, straightforward question that doesn't lend itself to distortion or misrepresentation. The legal obligations.


That's my fetal rights policy. The legal obligations that would change would be that people can't jab a fetus in his heart, and that medical bodies/personnel would be responsible for keeping track of abortions (so re-defined under the new legislation), the details of the abortions.




For more social conservative news check out BigBlueWave.ca