Friday, September 07, 2007

John Tory: open to funding sex-change operations


From that bulging "Reasons not to vote John Tory" file:

XTRA:Ontario delisted sex reassignment surgery (SRS) in 1988. What would you say to a voter who needs to undergo SRS but who can't get the care they need in Ontario and can't get funding from OHIP to seek it elsewhere?

JOHN TORY: This is something I'm willing to take under active advisement. [Trans activists] been in to visit me and gone through the explanations with me regarding the small number of people who actually go through the very extensive project of going through the surgery.


And oh yeah...

XTRA: Why should a queer person vote for your party?

JOHN TORY: I've been a person marching at the front of the parade, ensuring that human rights are enshrined and advanced and protected. I think if people look at my track record, the way I've led the party, that I will be not just a spokesperson but a powerful spokesperson.


So-cons...don't waste your vote on John Tory. How is he better than Dalton McGuinty?

H/T: Free Dominion

_________________________
Visit Opinions Canada
a political blogs aggregator
_________________________