Sunday, April 01, 2007

Remembering the Passing of Pope John Paul the Great

Tomorrow is the second anniversary of the death of Pope John Paul II.

This time fills me with a lot of emotion. Pope John Paul did so many great things for the Church. I think the greatest thing he did was give faithful Catholics hope for the future of the Church. When he came to power, the Church was in a dark time. It seemed like everything was going downhill.

During his reign, things seemed to have bottomed out. I can't say we're out of the woods yet, but the foundations were laid for a renaissance. If we keep having some consistently strong popes, I think the Church can get back on track.

This time fills me with emotion because I was nine months pregnant with my second baby. Her birthday is April 4th. I was sooooo pregnant...so vulernable, so immobile, so full of hormones and emotion. What a time to witness the death of a pope!

I think Pope John Paul will be remembered as one of the greatest popes in history, notwithstanding some of his flaws. No one's perfect. His standing up to Communism and the Culture of Death, and his insistence on orthodoxy, those things will earn him the gratitude of the Church for centuries to come.

_________________________
Visit Opinions Canada
a political blogs aggregator
_________________________