Friday, March 30, 2007

Woman in self-abortion case regrets her decision

After using the drug, which failed to kill the child immediately, Abreu gave birth to a baby girl January 6 who weighed just 1.25 pounds.

Despite the delivery, baby Ashley Abreu was unable to be saved and she died four days later at a local Boston hospital.

She told the newspaper she named the baby Ashley because it sounded "almost angelic."

"This is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. I pray that one day, she (Ashley) can forgive me for making this decision. When I have a family, how am I going to explain to them what happened?"

(...)

"I felt bad because I knew she was suffering," Abreu told the Eagle Tribune about her daughter's death. "I felt guilty for what I had done. At that moment, I'd have done anything to let her live."

"I was hysterical when she died. I hugged her and kissed her," she indicated.

Abortion is legal up to the 24th week of pregnancy in Massachusetts and medical officials determined that baby was 25 weeks along at the time of birth.


source.

That is very, very sad.



_________________________
Visit Opinions Canada
a political blogs aggregator
_________________________