Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Daily Show skewers Bill Whatcott



I don't watch the Daily Show. I just got this through Nick who linked at Freedominion.

The show was being satirical against so-cons, but man, it was unbelievably funny. I haven't laughed like that in a long while.

In the segment you'll hear Bill speak of a man he met at the YMCA. Just a quick warning-- there's a brief show of two men kissing in the hockey scene-- just a heads up.

Here's the rest of the story, as posted on Free Dominion:

beautiful story actually. The fellow's name was Ted. Yup, I had a membership at the YMCA and lifted weights there for about 2 years and never noticed a homosexual there. I saw Ted was somewhat incompetent lifting his weights and decided to help him out. He was a straight looking Filipino. After weight lifting we went for coffee and just as I was about to tell him about Jesus Christ and what He did for us on Calvary, Ted tried to play footsies. I then knew what he was and confronted him on it. Ted was devistated when he realized I was a Christian and actually nearly cried. He went to my church that night (7:00 PM prayer meeting) and recommitted his life to Christ. He was a Christian in the Phillipines, but became a sod0mite in Toronto. He stayed at my church for 3 years and became a celibate faithful member. He was HIV+ when he tried to pick me up. He transferred to another Baptist church closer to his apartment when he started losing weight and getting sick. I can say with certainty he permanently left the homosexual lifestyle after our meeting at the YMCA. He died from his sin, but he died in Christ.


He also writes:

The Daily Show is funny, but they had no intention of being faithful to sharing accurately what was shared in the interview. Like I said if you look closely you will see where they spliced me in mid sentence and added words I said from a different sentence to make me say sentences I never intended to say. Anyways its funny, but its only educational value is one can appreciate how badly the media can lampoon you if they set their mind to doing just that.




Check out the Big Blue Wave Message Board