Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pro-life forces do well in New Brunswick Election

When I heard the government of Bernard Lord was kicked out, I was very worried. While I wouldn't call it a pro-life government, they at least fought funding for abortion. Not too bad.

I've done the tally of the results of the election. I calculated 21 pro-life MP's were elected (out of 55); with 6 openly pro-abort and 28 "Don't knows". Now mind you, not all the pro-lifers are necessarily strong pro-lifers, but many of them were seen at pro-life events, so they at least bother to show up to make their views known. I suspect that among the "Don't knows" there may be some pro-lifers who didn't declare, and the New Brunswick Legislature may very well be majoritarily pro-life. Now, whether that actually results in pro-life measures remains to be seen, but it's certainly not bad news. I'm intrigued that so few pro-aborts declared themselves to be so. It seems that being pro-abort is worse than being pro-life in New Brunswick, which gives us hope that there maybe several undeclared pro-lifers in the Legislature.

Very interesting.


Check out the Big Blue Wave Message Board