Thursday, August 03, 2006

Babymoons: honeymoons for expecting couples

I was just browsing Google News when I came across this little piece of fluff (good fluff!) about what are termed "babymoons"-- trips that expecting couples take to bond and get away from the stress of preparing for the baby.

I must say, it sounds wonderful! I'm sure it's not cheap, though, and you can tell by the writing the audience is a bunch of rich professionals. Still, it's something to aspire to.

I'm not sure flying in a plane to Barbados at the seventh month of pregnancy is a good idea, though. Still, this could be done more locally.

I liked this quote:


Stacy Denney, founder and owner of Barefoot and Pregnant, which offers a full maternity spa menu at the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in Sausalito, Calif., notes that such retreats provide a unique chance to "relish your relationship with your partner" before your lives "completely change."


Love the name of that spa! That should alienate potential feminist clientele.

Barefoot is that last thing I want to be when I'm pregnant-- I have orthotic and posture issues.

Oh to dream....




Check out the Big Blue Wave Message Board