Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Face of Partial Birth Abortion (Literally!)

I would like to share with you some pictures of a fetus who was killed through dilation and extraction, aka, Partial Birth Abortion.[Edited to add, I found out the fetus was 7 months along] The pictures are not *that* graphic, as terrible as the procedure is. I say "fetus", but when you look at the picture, you can see full well she's a baby. Tess was executed for the crime of having Cystic Fibrosis. Cystic Fibrosis is an extremely difficult disease to deal with. As a mother of an autistic child, I can somewhat sympathize with dealing with a child who has a condition that requires extra attention, although I am certain the amount of energy I need pales to the efforts needed to care for a child with Cystic Fibrosis. That being said, children with Cystic Fibrosis are people, too, and deserve better.

The website that hosts these pictures is KGOV, right-wing (Christian?) radio station from Colorado. The parents of Baby Tess had her killed in the clinic of the infamous abortionist George Tiller, located in Wichita, Kansas. His specialty is late-term abortions. When he's finished killing the fetus, he has a memorial ceremony to help the parents grieve. Note that big wound on the baby's head. The mother has repented of her act. Baby Tess had a sister born in 2000, also with Cystic Fibrosis. She was allowed to live. I'm sure the sister has enriched the lives of the parents, in spite of the energy and resources needed to deal with this disease.

Bill C-338, the late-term abortion bill would outlaw these very acts of barbarism.















And note that the mom wrote a note regarding these pictures:






The note says:


Dear Sharyn:

Thank you for listening. Here are the pictures of Tess. I feel so bad for the smiles on my face in some of the photos. I was in shock by no means was I happy. To me Tess was beautiful because she was my daughter. I left the somewhat naked photos out because they are graphic and I am somewhat ashamed of having allowed someone to leave those horrible marks on her body. What kind of mother am I? I let that butcher slash her up. I was supposed to protect her. Now all I do is miss her.

Thanks again